Saturday 12 February 2011

Macs are for schmucks.

And I count myself amongst them.
Really I just wanted to use the word 'schmuck' in a post. It's an entirely under-used lexeme and I shall continue to use it on every necessary occasion (and probably some unnecessary ones too).

BASICALLY. I have a MacBook. And an iPhone. And a variety of iPods. Not gonna lie, I think they make me cooler. Like smoking. Smoking makes you cool. (NO IT DOESN'T, DON'T SMOKE).

But yeah. Aside from the obvious sleek sleek design, MacBooks (and Apple products on the whole) are mightily reliable. I've had this particular MacBook for about 4 years now and I have never never ever never had a problem with it.

Until now.

After being forced to watch Glee with my headphones in by my boyfriend who is avidly against listening to second-hand showchoir, my headphone jack is now permanently stuck. So my laptop thinks that I ALWAYS have headphones in.

E.g. No sound output.

Marvellous.

I took it to the genius bar and met a lovely man called David who poked at it and blew compressed air into it and shoved a cocktail stick into it... and it's still broken.

SO lovely internets, any suggestions? Because I'm not paying the £400 'hardware issue' cost thank you very much...

No comments:

Post a Comment